At KITS, we have put in place measures in line with the Ministry of Health guidelines to ensure safety of our guests in the new normal.
Below are some safety protocols our guests will experience while travelling with us:
Process at Entry
- Screening using a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Sanitization of both your hands and luggage.
- Visual observation of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wear mask at all times during the journey.
- Provide COVID-19 Negative certificate for verification
- Be provided with the Ministry of health hotline numbers for any health emergency.
- Creating and implementing staff protocols and guidelines, including tour guide, coach/drivers and local specialists, and operations.
- Provided our staff with the tools and information necessary regarding infection control, physical contact, sharing of food and utensils, appropriate attire, and enhanced hygiene measures, the use of masks and gloves as recommended by local health authorities.
- Requested that key stakeholders such as partner venues, hotels and transport partners have trained their staff on the basis of like-minded protocols to enable consistent approach across sector.
- Regular monitoring of well-being of team members by leadership, encouraging them to following governmental and WHO guidelines.
- Minimise walk-in clients and encourage online bookings.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer at the beginning, during and at the end of the tour, after going to the bathroom, before and after eating and after touching your face or hair.
- Maintain 1.5 Metres Distance from other tour groups always.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Use the provided stickers to mark your water bottles.
- Avoid sharing things such as goggles, caps, binoculars or sanitize regularly.
- Report immediately if you feel unwell before, during or after the tour.
- Any participant who is unwell with symptoms such as sore throat, runny or blocked nose should stay at home and not attend tours.
- Disembarking will take place only at designated points.
- Pick up of guests for tours will be done from an approved accommodation provider, cruise port, licensed tour operator or designated tour point only.
- The tour vehicle will be sanitized after every disembarking
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes available for use inside the vehicle.
- Additional face masks available in the vehicle.
- The vehicle is allowed to carry a maximum of seven (7) guests only in line with the Ministry of health guideline of 1.5 meters distance.
We encourage our guests to use cashless payment technologies to avoid contacts with solid cash. These technologies include:
- Internet banking
- Direct Bank Transfers – Western Union, Money Gram etc
- Mobile banking